Cogito Productions was created by Shehzad with the aim of social change and promoting thought through theatre in Pakistan. As part of Cogito Productions, Shehzad has written the following plays highlighting social issues.
- Yeh Bhi Ek Kahani Hai ('This is also a story'), a play revolving around the issues faced from terrorism by the youth in Pakistan.
- Raqs-e-Bismil ('The dance of the wounded'), a play based on the exploitation of religion in Pakistan to achieve political ends.
- Khalla ('The Void'), a one man show based on schizophrenia.
- Strangers in the Night, a musical based on women empowerment.
- Zanana Bana na ('To make feminine'), a play seeking to highlight the patriarchal nature of society and women's rights.
- Tauheen-e-insaniyat ('Disrepect of humanity'), a critique of the exploitation of blasphemy laws in Pakistan.
- The Inherited journey, a story of refugees and forced migration.
- Between two kisses, about minority rights, racism and freedom of choice.
Cogito and Shehzad regularly work with social organizations, NGOs and not for profit organizations to provide fundraising events and workshops. Cogito has closely worked with organizations such as Rahnuma, Jaag Meray Talib-e-ilm, Madadgar, AIESEC, Orange Tree Foundation and Naya Jeevan.
Workshops at also conducted at underprivileged schools as part of the social uplift of Pakistan.