After starring in the play Six Degrees of Separation in Karachi in 2007 and winning a multitude of awards on the theatre circuit in Pakistan, Shehzad established Cogito Productions in 2009. As part of Cogito Productions, Shehzad has written, directed, produced and starred in several plays.
- 'Larki Pakistani' (The Girl From Pakistan) - writer, director and actor - performed at SZABIST Karachi, August 2009 and Lahore University of Management Sciences April 2009.
- 'Yeh Bhi Ek Kahani Hai' (This is Also a Story) - co-writer, co-director and actor - performed at the Arts Council Ampitheatre Karachi January 2010 and Lahore University of Management Sciences April 2010.
Following the production Shehzad went back to LUMS to write and direct the play 'Raqs-e-Bismil' (The Dance of the Wounded) and the musical 'Lahore Dreams'. Shehzad also acted in the Shahnaz Shaikh directed play 'Con'fuse', based on the translation of Peter Shaffer's 'Black Comedy' by Shoaib Hashmi. Shehzad played the role of the stingy Memon Seth Khoordum.
- Starred in 'Tamasha-e-Zeest' (The Spectacle of Life) , performed at the Arts Council Karachi.
- 'Rani Pakistani' (Pakistani Queen) - writer, director and actor - performed at SZABIST and Indus Valley School (IVS) , Karachi, August 2011.
- 'Bohat Kuch Hota Hai' ( A Lot Happens), a musical comedy - writer, director, actor and producer - performed at Royal Rodale Karachi.
- 'Barri' (The Acquittal, originally written by Shahid Nadeem) - Director - performed several times in Karachi and Lahore.
- 'Teesri Dastrak' ( The Third Knock,originally written by Shahid Nadeem) - Director - won several awards after its performance at the Fast University Dramafest competition.
- 'Raqs-e-Bismil' (Dance of the wounded) - Writer, director and actor - performed several times in Karachi and Lahore.
In 2011, Shehzad founded 'The Acting Wheel Lahore' with Nausheen Ishtiaq, Khurram Suleman and Qutbuddin Mullah. The first acting club of Lahore held numerous meet ups and workshops at The Knowledge Factory. Shehzad was then hired by Lahore Grammar School 55 Main Gulberg Lahore to hold workshops at the school and direct the play 'Jinay Lahore Nai Wekhiya O Jamiya Hi Nai', (He who has not seen Lahore, has not been born).
In the Summer of 2011, Shehzad held devising and collaborating workshops at The Second Floor Karachi leading to the production of numerous short plays such as 'Khalla', 'Zanana Banana', 'Pakistan ka Matlab Kya', 'Se7en' and 'Time to Fly'.
In 2012 the second installment of the Cogito Youth Performing Arts Festival was held, followed by the third installment in 2013. Shehzad was the director of both the festivals.
Shehzad went on to give workshops at various schools, colleges and institutions in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad including LUMS, LGS, The City School, Beaconhouse, Indus Valley School, Szabist and the Arts Council Karachi.
- Shakespeared - writer and director - performed by Lahore Grammar School, October 2012.
- Checking In? - writer and director - performed by The City School Ravi Campus, March 2013.
In 2013, Shehzad was granted a US State Department scholarship to pursue a Masters in Theatre in the United States. Shehzad has written two plays in the United States, one of them has been produced and the other is in production.